Sunday, April 18, 2010

How do I do it?


Well.  This blog will really be nothing without the help of you, the viewers. Sure I have a few stories of Facebook Snubbery, but not enough to warrant a whole blog.  I really want to hear from you.  

Now, at some point soon I will try and do my best to stick my head in the nuts and bolts of the internet and figure out if there is a way that I can come up with a form that lets you just post whatever on here for all the world to see (hint hint nerds... lemme know!) but for now I feel it's best if you just email me with your stories.

Feel free to email me at sayittomyfacebook@gmail.com with whatever happened to you.  Please write it in a way that you'll feel comfortable with other people reading because honestly I'll probably just copy and paste because I want the goods straight from the horses mouth (aaaand I'm phenomenally lazy).

Now, while I understand the need for anonymity in issues like this as you don't want to air your friends' dirty laundry and I will respect that, let's be clear... everyone else on the planet will want names, places and pictures.  So sure, if you have a good anonymous story I will definitely put it up here in a cute PostSecret kind of way.  Something like

 "I just found out a long time friend came to visit my town and didn't bother to call me to hang out.  I found out because of her Facebook updates."

It's good, sad, to the point, melancholy and somewhat poetic. It definitely does the trick.

 But you and I both know it will be far more salacious (in other words, gets more readers) if you send me a screen-grab of the person's profile page with something like...

 "Yeah, see the chick in the fake Chanel sunglasses making the duck face?  It's Amanda Buckington.  We've been good friends for years but when I moved to San Fran 3 years ago we haven't been as close, but still in touch regularly.  So imagine my surprise when I see this pic (ahem, good time to mention you would also send me whatever pic this would be) of her at Bay to Breakers!!  WHICH WAS LAST EFFING WEEKEND!  Did I know she was visiting? NO!  Thanks for the call Amanda. Next time you need someone to run out and pick up the morning after pill, don't come crying to me!!!"

See?  Way more entertaining.  Disgusting, crass and sort of pitiful, but hey, it's the times.   And sure, it seems like she's airing a lot of private information, but lets be clear... If these people wanted their lives to be private, they wouldn't be living them on Facebook.

I'll be putting up posts to teach you all how to Screencap things if you don't know how, but for now  Google it.  I look forward to hearing from you.

-GD

No comments:

Post a Comment